In the high panel committee meeting that took place at Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s resident on Friday, 60-70 names discussed. A final decision was taken only Saturday in which Rishi Kumar Shukla was appointed for the prestigious post of CBI Director.
Here’s everything you need to know about the new CBI Chief
- Rishi Kumar Shukla is an IPS Officer from the 1983-batch.
- He belongs to the Madhya Pradesh cadre.
- He has been appointed as CBI director for two years.
- Appointed as Chief Superintendent of Police at Raipur first and later at Damoh, Shivpuri and Mandsaur.
- Served as Additional DG Intelligence from the year 2009 to 2012.
- In 2016, he was appointed as the Officer on Special Duty(OSD) in the Police Headquarters (PHQ).
- He earlier worked as chairman of Madhya Pradesh Police Housing Corporation.
- Served in the Intelligence Bureau (IB) as Joint Director.
Shukla takes place of interim chief M. Nageswara Rao, who stepped in following the removal of former chief Alok Verma.
The high-level committee had earlier removed Alok Verma as CBI chief by making him the Director General, Fire Services, Civil Services and Home Guard which he refused to accept.
Verma and Central Bureau of Investigation Special Director Rakesh Asthana were sent on forced leave on October 23 after their fight became public. Both the officials had leveled allegations of bribery against each other.