World Quark Day 2022: On January 19th, World Quark Day officially celebrates quark and its many benefits. Quark is a European superfood staking its claim on supermarket shelves worldwide on January 19.
Quark is a delicious high-protein, low-fat alternative to soft cheese and yogurt that can be used for baking, cooking, and blending.
There are no limits when using quark. If the menu calls for sweet or savory, hot or cold, quark cheese works well in place of almost any dairy.
For example, replace cream cheese or sour cream with quark. By substituting with quark, enter the world of healthy, low-carb, low-fat culinary delights. Use quark in smoothies, cheesecakes, dips, and spreads. Quark’s versatility might surprise you.
Learn about quark’s many possibilities as a home remedy and beauty product, too. Millions of Europeans have benefited from using quark for centuries.
History and Significance of World Quark Day:
Quark traces back to the 14th century which was popular throughout Europe. The Queen of Quark, a German-born author and advocate for quark and healthy eating, launched this day in 2019.
The first year of celebration in 2019, the Queen of Quark teamed up with a local New York Farm, Hawthorne Valley Farm at the GrowNYC Greenmarket in New York’s Union Square.
She gave away quark recipes and copies of her new book, “The Ultimate Quark Guide and Cookbook’.
Quark can be used as a substitute for almost any dairy in sweet or savory, hot or cold. Replace cream cheese or sour cream with quark and just see the lovely results.
For centuries, millions of Europeans have been using quark.
Celebrations of World Quark Day:
Try new recipes integrating it into your breakfast, lunch or dinner. By using quark in smoothies, cheesecakes, dips and spreads, you will enter the world of healthy eating.
Quark also has various health benefits that might help you become fit and achieve your fitness goals for the year sooner than expected.
How to observe World Quark Day:
World Quark Day encourages you to integrate quark into your meals. Try it in breakfasts and smoothies to low-carb lunches, delicious dinners, and guilt-free desserts.
Become familiar with the many ways to use quark. When you do, you will be promoting good health. Try out any of the hundreds of recipes and remedies that support a healthy, natural lifestyle.
Share your quark experiences. Whether you’re enjoying it while traveling or you’re eating it at home, share your personal experience with other quark fans. Spread the word and wisdom of healthy eating and living by using hashtags on social media.
Facts about quark that you won’t believe:
- A winner with the lactose-intolerant: Quark is lactose-free, meaning it doesn’t contain the sugar found in other dairy products.
- Yes to vegetarian, no to vegan: Quark is obtained from dairy cows, so it is not vegan.
- It’s very popular in Russia: Quark is bought regularly in Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus because it’s considered good for the health of babies.
- It is rare in America: Only a few dairies in Vermont, Illinois, and California, make quark in the country.
- It packs the nutrients: Apart from being sugar-free, low-carb, and high in protein, quark is also high in calcium which is good for the teeth, bones, and hair, Vitamin A for great eyesight, and Vitamin Bs.