Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is one of the most celebrated actors across the globe today. The actor has not only carved a niche for herself in Bollywood but has impressed masses in Hollywood too.
Even though she is not regular on the silver screen but she continues to make her presence felt on social media and appearances. Rai has received numerous accolades, including two Filmfare Awards, and was honoured with the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2009 and the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the Government of France in 2012.
Here are some reported lesser-known facts about the ‘Miss World 1994’ winner- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan on her birthday
- Aishwarya Rai wanted to pursue a career in medicine during her school days, moreover, she reportedly loved zoology. But she couldn’t go ahead with it due to some circumstances. Later, Aishwarya enrolled herself at a college of arts to become an architect but left it to pursue a career in modelling.
- Aishwarya was offered Rani Mukerji’s role of Tina in the most-acclaimed film, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai 1998.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was the first Indian actor who graced the Cannes International Film Festival.
- The Dil Ka Rishta actor has featured in over fifty music videos in a span of seven years.
- Aishwarya Rai has opened up in interviews that she is not fond of accessorising. As much as she is seen adorned with exquisite jewellery on-screen, and has endorsed ornament brands too, she is personally not obsessed with it.
- Aishwarya Rai is the only actor, who was invited for lunch by the US President George W. Bush when he visited India in 2006, but she reportedly couldn’t attend it.
- She is also the first Indian actor to participate in the famous Oprah Winfrey show in the US.
- The actor had gained 20 pounds for the movie, Bride & Prejudice in 2004.
- The Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam star is a trained classical dancer and has learnt the form for five years while in her teens.