The IRCTC (Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation) provides a service to the customers with booked tickets to change the point of the train before starting the journey. IRCTC is the online ticketing app of the Indian Railways that enables the users to book train tickets online through its mobile app and website.
The booking options include confirmed tickets, wait-listed tickets, reservation against cancellation.
As per the latest news, the boarding point of the train can be changed 4 hours before the journey while as per the current rule, it can be changed 24 hours before the journey.
So let’s know how to change the boarding point of the train on IRCTC ahead of the journey
- A passenger who has booked ticket can change the boarding station of the train 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
- In case a passenger has changed the boarding point he will lose all the rights to board the train from the original boarding point. If found traveling without any proper authority to travel, the passenger will have to pay the fare with penalty between original boarding point to the changed boarding point.
- Boarding point change is allowed only once and boarding station can be changed before 24 hours of the scheduled departure of the train, according to IRCTC.
- Boarding point change is not allowed if the ticket is seized and boarding point change is not allowed for the PNRs with VIKALP option.
- Online boarding point change is not allowed for I-Ticket and boarding point change is not allowed for current booking ticket.