Delhi Metro Tickets Can Be Book On WhatsApp: WhatsApp has partnered with the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) to enable online booking of metro tickets. This service is already available on the Bengaluru Metro and Chennai Metro. Here is how to reserve a metro ticket.
Delhi Metro Tickets Can Be Book On WhatsApp
You can now book Delhi Metro tickets through a new WhatsApp automaton. As a pilot initiative, the service was introduced in partnership with PeLocal Fintech Private Limited and inaugurated by Dr. Vikas Kumar, managing director of DMRC, from Metro Bhawan. Currently, this service is only available for Airport Express Line (AEL) commuters.
Before we explain how to utilise this service, there are a few things you should know about this facility. Keep in mind that a single commuter can only generate a maximum of six QR Tickets per trip. Secondly, each QR Ticket is valid until the end of the day. However, you must depart a gate within 65 minutes of entering. You can only purchase tickets during business hours, and you cannot cancel QR-based tickets. Lastly, if you are leaving from the source station itself, you must do so within 30 minutes.
How to Purchase a Metro Ticket Using WhatsApp
- Send a “Hello” to the DMRC’s official WhatsApp number (9650855800) in your favoured language (Hindi or English).
- On WhatsApp, Delhi Metro rail corporation
- Select “Buy Ticket” and then choose the origin and destination stations. There will also be options for Last
- Journey Tickets and Retrieve Tickets.
- DMRC Ticket Purchase Option on WhatsApp
- Choose the quantity of tickets you wish to purchase.
- WhatsApp reservations for the DMRC
- As soon as you affirm your selections, the chatbot will generate a payment link.
- Now You Can Book Delhi Metro Tickets On WhatsApp!
- Payment options include Debit card, Credit card, and UPI.
Upon successful payment, you will receive your QR-based ticket via WhatsApp, which can be verified at designated scanners at AFC entry and exit gates.
New Delhi, Shivaji Stadium, Dhaula Kaun, Delhi Aerocity, IGI Airport, and Dwarka Sector 21 are currently operational stations. It should shortly be available at additional Metro stations. So, will you purchase a metro ticket through WhatsApp? Share your thoughts in the section below.