With the current digitisation program, the income tax returns can be verified online without visiting the income tax department. There are various techniques in which you can verify your ITR. The recent way to verify is online with the existence of physical methods offline as well. The physical method is to send a copy of ITR-V by post.
The Electronic Verification Code plays a significant role in submitting tax returns through e-verification. The e-verification should be done within a time limit of 120 days, else ITR will be invalid.
Check 5 different steps to e-verifying your return through EVC via
- Login to your net banking account
- Click on the income tax e-filing link provided by the bank
- Click on the e-verify link for the return to be verified
- Then the return will be verified
- Swipe your ATM card at a bank ATM
- Click on PIN for e-Filing
- EVC will be received on the registered mobile number
- Login to the e-filing portal to select an option to e-verify returns using the Bank ATM
- Enter your EVC on the e-filing portal, then the return will be verified.
- Go to the e-filing portal
- Link Aadhaar Number with PAN (if not linked)
- After Aadhaar is successfully linked, click on the screen.
- Select option to e-Verify return using Aadhaar OTP.
- Generate OTP which you will receive on your registered mobile number
- Enter your OTP on the e-filing portal, then the process is verified.
Bank Account Number:
- Go to the e-Filing portal
- If you don’t have your bank account validated, pre-validate it.
- After the bank account details are validated successfully, click the e-verify link.
- Now select the option to e-verify using bank account details by generating OTP.
- Once the EVC is received on the registered mobile number, you can enter your EVC on the e-filing portal.
- Now verify the return is verified
Demat Account Number:
- Visit the e-filing portal
- Pre validate your Demat Account Number if not validated before.
- Demat account details validated successfully will flash. Then, click the e-verify link
- Select the option to e-verify using Demat account details and generate OTP.
- EVC will be received on a registered mobile number. Now you can enter your EVC on the e-filing portal, and thus it will be verified.