How to schedule messages on Telegram: Recently, the messaging apps have been modifying something out there. The popularity of Telegram increased dramatically after WhatsApp started sending notifications to over 400 million users in India in January asking them to either accept its new policy or see their accounts removed.
However, for Telegram users, there are several more reasons and features that the messaging app a cool thing.
One such feature is the ‘Scheduled Messages’ option that allows you to sort your messages and make it fire at a scheduled time.
One such feature is the scheduling of messages that WhatsApp still lacks.
We have brought you the steps to schedule messages on telegram.
How to schedule messages on Telegram: Steps to schedule messages
- Launch the Telegram application on your phone. Choose the chatbox you want to schedule the message for and click on it.
- Once the inbox opens, type your message in the designated space. After you have typed your message, long-press the ‘Send message’ button. A pop-up window will appear.
- It consists of two options; one is sending the message without the receiver’s phone notifying the messages. The second is ‘Schedule Message.’ Choose the option.
- Once you tap on the ‘Schedule Message’ option, the app will ask you to set the date and the time you want the other person to receive the message.
- Click on the blue button below the date and time setter.
The application recently underwent a major year-end update that equipped the application with multiple new features.
Telegram has introduced an in-app translator that allows users to translate the messages in any language within the app.
Other features include reacting to messages with emojis, spoilers (hide a part of your text), and QR code generation that allows users to discover other users more efficiently.
The countries with the largest number of Telegram installs were India at 24 per cent, followed by Indonesia at 10 per cent.
Telegram reached the top position in the overall downloads (non-game) on Google Play Store moving from ninth position in the previous month, December 2020.
The app also entered the list of top 10 most downloaded (non-game) apps on App Store, directly gaining the fourth position.