WhatsApp has gradually become the default texting app for the majority of smartphone users worldwide. Simultaneously, it is one of the quickest and easiest ways to send or receive text messages, photos, videos, or documents across geographical boundaries. Cross-platform functionality on iOS, Android, and web browsers. Many of us access it via WhatsApp on a PC or laptop for convenience.
This article will teach you how to send WhatsApp messages without saving the recipient’s number in your contact list. This will be useful when you need to text an unknown person with whom you will likely never communicate again. In such a scenario, it is simple to send WhatsApp messages without storing a number. Here is how to proceed.
How to send WhatsApp messages from a webpage without storing a contact number
Open a web browser and type in the following address:
You can use a mobile browser or a PC browser with ease; both are supported.
Replace the code portion of the URL with a valid mobile number beginning with the appropriate country code. To send a message to an Indian number, for instance, use the URL https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=910000000000 omitting all dashes and brackets
The browser will then display the number to which you intend to send a text message. Select the “Continue Chatting” button.
The mobile browser will take you directly to the WhatsApp chatbox to initiate a conversation. On a PC browser, WhatsApp will prompt you to download its web application or continue to the WhatsApp Web chatbox.
It must be noted that the mobile number specified in the URL must be registered on WhatsApp; otherwise, an error message will be displayed.
Meta brings new status features to WhatsApp
Truecaller enables WhatsApp users to send messages without storing a phone number.
- Launch the Truecaller application.
- Input the telephone number of the person with whom you wish to speak in the search bar.
- The Truecaller app will show the profile of the person.
- Scroll down and tap on the WhatsApp button available.
- The WhatsApp chat window will open.
- Now send the message without saving the recipient’s phone number.
Using Siri Shortcut to send WhatsApp messages (iPhone only)
- Click the ‘Add shortcuts’ button on the Apple shortcuts menu.
- Install the WhatsApp to Non-contact shortcut.
- Once the shortcut is installed, click it to launch the programme.
- Enter the number including the country code in the box labelled “choose recipient.”
- The WhatsApp chat thread for that specific number will open, allowing you to send the person a message.