YouTube is a great way to watch short videos, but sometimes you might want to disable the auto-playing thumbnail preview. This feature will show a small image of the video next to the video player on Android devices. If you want to disable this feature, follow these steps:
How to Turn Off YouTube Auto-Playing Thumbnail Preview on Android
YouTube users can disable the auto-playing thumbnail preview feature on their Android devices by following these steps:
1. Open YouTube and sign in.
2. From the main menu, select Settings.
3. On the General tab, under Autoplay, select Off.
4. Click Save Changes at the bottom of the screen to apply your changes.
Why YouTube Thumbnail Preview is Auto-Played
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t want YouTube automatically playing a thumbnail preview for every video you click on. In fact, many users prefer to disable this feature completely. Here’s how to do it on Android:
1. First, open YouTube and sign in.
2. On the main screen, tap the three lines in the top left corner (known as the “hamburger”). This will open up your account settings.
3. Under “Featured Videos,” find the “Auto-Play thumbnails” option and toggle it off.
4. To completely disable auto-play thumbnails for all videos on YouTube, go to the “General” tab and toggle off “Allow previews while watching.”
How to Disable Thumbnails in YouTube on Android
If you want to disable thumbnails in YouTube on your Android device, follow these simple steps:
1. Open the YouTube app and sign in.
2. At the top of the screen, tap the three lines in the blue bar to open the menu.
3. Tap Settings.
4. Under AutoPlay, tap Thumbnails.
5. If you’d like to disable previews for all videos, tap Disable Previews All Videos. If you only want to disable previews for certain types of videos (like music videos or comedy clips), tap Disable Previews Music Videos or Disable Previews Comedy Clips, respectively.
If you use YouTube on your Android device, you may have noticed that the thumbnail previews for videos are automatically playing when you scroll through your channels. This can be annoying if you want to watch a video without having the preview play every time. In this tutorial, we will show you how to turn off auto-playing thumbnails on YouTube for Android devices.