With the first phase of Lok Sabha Elections already over (on 11th of April) in some parts of West Bengal, Bihar, Maharashtra, Tripura, Assam, Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Jammu & Kashmir, and Manipur.
Here is the list of upcoming phases of election:
- Phase 2- 18thApril
- Phase 3- 23rdApril
- Phase 4- 29thApril
- Phase 5- 6thMay
- Phase 6- 12thMay
- Phase 7- 19thMay
The guidelines for the first time voters to be able to vote in the festival of democracy is given below:
The most basic requirement to be able to cast your vote is have your name in the elector list (or Electoral Roll). The process to vote in an election includes a number of steps mentioned below:
- The officials assigned at the polling booth check whether the name of the person who is going to vote is on the electoral list or not.
- If yes, the next step includes the verification of an ID proof. The documents which are accepted as Identity proof include Voter ID card, Passport, Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, MNREGA job card, pension proof with photograph, Passbooks with photographs, etc.
- After verification, the officials ink the voter’s finger as a proof that voter has casted his/her vote. The polling officials also provide with a blunder and take the voter’s signature on a register.
- The voters are then asked to proceed and meet the 3rdofficial where they are required to submit the slip, show the inked finger in order to proceed to the booth.
- Cast your vote by pressing the button next to the image of candidate/party you want to choose. A beep sound will be heard after the vote is recorded.
- The EVMs come with the VVPAT machines which display the name of candidate, image and its serial number for seven seconds. Check that slip to be sure that there is no fraud in the voting process.
- The EVMs also provide with NOTA (None Of The Above) option available at the end of the EVMs. Voters can choose this option if they are not satisfied with any of the candidates fighting for the election.
- No digital devices like mobile phone or camera is allowed inside the booth.
- The system of proxy vote is not allowed in the voting process.
- For more information on the voting process, visit, http://ecisveep.nic.in/