Satya Pal Malik on Wednesday, August 28, while defending curbing communication in the state since August 5, said, the mobile and internet services were mostly used by terrorists and Pakistan for “indoctrination and mobilisation” and hence the decision was taken.
“The medium of phone and internet is used less by us and mostly by terrorists and Pakistanis as well as for mobilisation and indoctrination. It is a kind of weapon used against us so we have stopped it. Services will be resumed gradually,” Malik was quoted as saying by Hindustan Times.
Every Kashmiri life is valuable and the administration does not want to lose out on even a single life, he further added.
“We today announce 50,000 jobs in J&K administration, we will appeal to the youth to get involved with full vigour, in coming 2-3 months we will fill these positions,” governor Satyapal Malik said.
According to the governor, the phone connectivity is being opened in Kupwara and Handwara and will soon be available to other districts as well.
Earlier this month enforce a total communication blockade, all mobile and landline phones and internet facilities were suspended in the region.