Navratri 2021, Day 2: A widely celebrated Hindu festival, Shardiya Navratri has already begun, since 7th of October, 2021.
Devotees of Goddess Durga are observing fasts and worshipping the goddess with all the rituals which displays Durga’s feminine power to the world.
Day 2 of Navratri, also called Dwitiya tithi falls on 8th October of this year, 2021.
Brahmacharini Puja Significance:
This day is dedicated to worship of Devi Brahmacharini, goddess of devotion and penance and a form of Goddess Durga. She is the goddess of eternal bliss and the supreme self.
She wears white.
White is the colour for Day 2, which symbolizes peace and purity.
Represented barefooted, diety of the Goddess holds a mala in her right hand and kamandal in her left. Also, hibiscus and lotus flowers are used to garland the Goddess.
Brahmacharini is also known as Tapacharini, Aparna and Uma.
Brahmacharini Puja Timing:
As per the Hindu Calendar, the timing ( muhurat ) for Brahmacharini Puja is till 10:48 am.
- Sunrise – 06:17 am
- Sunset – 05:59 pm
Brahmacharini Puja Mantra:
- Om Devi Brahmacharinyai Namah
- Dadhanakara Padmabhyam akshamala kamandalam.
- Devi prasidhatu mayi brahmmachariya nuththama.
Brahmacharini Puja Vidhi:
- Devotees are meant to be clean, take bath and wear clean clothes.
- While worshipping the Goddess, puja ritual is practiced. Flowers, Akshat, Roli, sandalwood, are to be offered.
- Deepak of ghee should be lit.
- Shri Durga Saptashti Path and Mantras should be recited.
- Bath Brahmacharini with milk, curd, melted butter, honey and sugar. After which, dessert made of pistachios should be offered.
- Later, offer paan, betel nut, cloves.