Gandhinagar: Gujarat Minister of State for Home Affairs Pradeep Singh Jadeja claims that there was no single attack on North Indians in Surat. Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi released a statement of Jadeja on social media Twitter.
Gujarat minister Jadeja also said, “Persons of Bihar origin died in road accident on Sunday, not as a part of an attack on North Indians.”
A large number of people of north Indian origin are living in Surat city of Gujarat and had been the part of the major workforce in industrial areas.
Jadeja says that people have been living together for such a long period of time and no such incidents ever happened before in the past in the state. He also said, “There has been no evidence of such attacks anywhere in the state and those who had left are returning back.”
— Sushil Kumar Modi (@SushilModi) October 15, 2018