अब आप न्यूज्ड हिंदी में पढ़ सकते हैं। यहाँ क्लिक करें
Home » Gujarat » Rahul Gandhi convoy attack: Rajnath Singh blames Gandhi for not following security protocols

Rahul Gandhi convoy attack: Rajnath Singh blames Gandhi for not following security protocols

By Newsd
Updated on :
Party never promised Rs 15 Lakh will come to people’s bank accounts: Rajnath Singh
Source: TopNews

Responding to allegations by the Congress leaders that Rahul Gandhi could have been killed in Gujarat where stones were pelted on his car last week, Home Minister, Rajnath Singh on Tuesday said that Congress vice-president had violated the security protocol during his visit.

“Rahul Gandhi is under SPG protection. The state police had made adequate arrangement for the visit. He was even provided a bullet-proof car. But he opted for a non-bullet proof vehicle. He should have listened to the advice of security personnel. But he did not,” Singh said.

The matter came up in the Lok Sabha after senior Congress leader, Mallikarjun Kharge raised the issue of the “potentially fatal” attack on Gandhi in Gujarat on 4 August.

Earlier on 4 August, Gandhi’s car was pelted with stones during his visit to the flood-affected Banaskantha district in Gujarat. Gandhi who was sitting in the front seat escaped unhurt in the incident.

Related