Pune: 18-month-old child dies after consuming diesel mistaking it for water
Crime, Videos

How about you arrange ventilator? Kid with 70% burns die after MP doctor asks parents to get machine themselves

In a shocking case of Medical apathy, a doctor at the Bundelkhand Medical College in Sagar District refused to provide ventilation to a kid who was admitted there with 70 per cent burn injuries, resulting in her death.

Accused doctor, Jyoti Raut was suspended on Sunday after a video went viral where she could be seen asking the parents of a child with burn injuries to arrange a ventilator themselves.

According to parents, their one-and-half-year-old daughter Anshika Ahirwar was taken to the Bundelkhand Medical College on Friday after she fell into a pot of boiling water. But by afternoon the girl’s condition began deteriorating and Jyoti Raut who examined the girl said that her condition was critical and that she should be kept on the ventilator.

Raut came to the ward after some time and told him that the child needed to be put on a ventilator, but the Burns Department of the hospital did not have one. When the family insisted that a ventilator should be arranged somehow, the doctor allegedly asked them to get one themselves, saying “it costs Rs 1 crore”.

Also read: Rajasthan shocker: Child split into half, head left inside womb during delivery in Ramgarh hospital

She continued to rant even as the girl’s father tried to reason with her. The girl who was critical died later in the day.

Following the outrage, after the video went viral, an investigation was launched and Raut was suspended for negligence.

College’s dean G S Patel said Sunday that a ventilator was available in the ICU where the patient could have been shifted.

Latest Update