Maa Bhadrakali Jayanti 2022: The festival of Bhadrakali Jayanti is celebrated Bhadrakali is one of the powerful forms of Great Goddess Parvati or Devi as mentioned in the popular stories related to Devi. The Sanskrit meaning of Bhadra means the one who is full of blessings and good fortune and prosperity.
The festival of Bhadrakali Jayanti is celebrated as the birthday of Goddess Bhadrakali. According to the Hindu calendar, the festival of Bhadrakali Jayanti is celebrated on the 11th day of the Krishna Paksha of Jyeshtha month. Whoever fasts on the day of Bhadrakali Jayanti and worships Goddess Bhadrakali with reverence, all the sorrows of her life go away.
According to Hindu mythology, it is believed that Goddess Bhadrakali appeared on this auspicious day with the hair of Lord Shiva after the death of Goddess Sati.
Bhadrakali Jayanti is celebrated as an important worship day in Hinduism. The festival of Bhadrakali Jayanti is one of the major festivals of Aryan Saraswat Brahmins. The celebration of Bhadrakali Jayanti is very famous in Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, and Kashmir.
Maa Bhadrakali Jayanti 2022 Date and Tithi :
This year it will be celebrated on 26th of May
Ekadashi Tithi Begins May 25, 2022 10:32 AM
Ekadashi Tithi Ends May 26, 2022 10:54 AM
Maa Bhadrakali Jayanti Puja Vidhi :
In Hinduism, all the devotees worship Goddess Bhadrakali with full dedication and faith.
– On this day, all the devotees get up early in the morning and worship Goddess Bhadrakali after being retired from routine activities.
– Wearing black clothes on the day of Bhadrakali Jayanti is considered auspicious, apart from this you can also wear blue clothes on this day.
– To worship Goddess Bhadrakali, sit facing the north direction in the worship room of the house and place a wooden checkpoint in front of you.
– Now sprinkle a bit of Ganga water on this checkpoint and repair it.
– Now put a blue-colored cloth on the outpost.
– Establish a statue of Maa Durga. Bhadrakali’s mother is considered to be a fiery form. Worship of any fiery form of God is not worshiped in the house in general and also this worship is done under the leadership of a scholar.
– Now anoint the goddess with water, milk, sugar, honey, and ghee.
– It is also considered very auspicious to anoint the mother with coconut water on the day of Bhadrakali Jayanti.
– Now do tilak of Kum Kum Kum to the Goddess.
– After worshiping Goddess, pay obeisance to Mother Bhadrakali and perform Durga Kavach, Durga Chalisa, and Durga Aarti.
– On this day, all the devotees visit the temples of Goddess Kali in the evening and take part in the puja and other rituals held there.
Maa Bhadrakali Jayanti 2022 Katha :
There is a famous legend behind Bhadrakali Jayanti. Goddess Bhadrakali is considered the form of Mata Parvati, the revered consort of Lord Shiva in her Rudra form. The Puranas and mythology also state that Bhadrakali is the form of Mata Parvati. According to the stories of Vayu Purana and Mahabharata, when Daksha Prajapati insulted Lord Shiva during the event of the great Ashwamedha yagna, Mother Sati gave her life by jumping into the fire pit. Then he took the form of Bhadrakali. Lord Shiva could not bear this trauma and he took the form of Virabhadra.
According to another legend, a demon named Durika obtained the boon of immortality from Lord Brahma by performing austerities to him.
According to Bramhaji’s boon, he could not be killed in any way. After getting the boon, Durika started harassing people. When Lord Shiva came to know about this, he created Goddess Bhadrakali to kill the demon and gain peace and profit in the world. Lord Shiva opened his third eye, out of which Goddess Bhadrakali appeared. Goddess Bhadrakali destroyed Darika.