UP shocker! 8-month-old son dies after man hurls him on floor repeatedly after clash with wife
Crime, Uttar Pradesh

UP shocker: 8-month-old son dies after man hurls him on floor repeatedly after clash with wife

In a highly shocking incident, an eight-month-old child died after being repeatedly hurled on floor by his father following a heated argument with his wife as she didn’t offer him water. The incident occurred in Nigoha area of Lucknow district on Tuesday night.

While the accused has been arrested, the post mortem examination revealed a fractured skull, dislocated arms and legs and a badly disfigured face.

Sahu’s wife Lakshmi informed the police that he was very ill-tempered. Superintendent of police (rural) Vikrant Vir said, “Nigoha police arrested Surendra Sahu (30), a daily wage earner, late on Tuesday night for the murder of his infant son. The police is investigating the matter.”

Recollecting the brutal act, Lakshmi said, “He returned home at around 10 pm. I opened the door for him and went inside to do some work. He started abusing me for not offering him water. He then grabbed our son sleeping on a cot and flung him to one side of the room.”

“The infant first hit the side wall and then fell on the floor face down. He started crying which apparently angered Sahu more. He picked the infant and threw him on the floor again and again till the child died. I tried to stop him and even fell on his feet but he didn’t stop,” Lakshmi further said.

Also read: UP: Two kanwariyas dead, several injured after trolly overturns in Kanpur

Sahu reportedly fled from the house after the incident while Lakshmi made attempts to revive her son. She called the neighbours and they took the child to hospital where doctors declared him dead.

Upon receiving the information about the incident, Nigoha police rushed to the spot and recorded the  complaint of Sahu’s wife. Police launched a manhunt to arrest the accused.

After two hours of efforts, Sahu was nabbed and he confessed to murdering his infant son but showed no remorse for his act. “He appeared normal and casually admitted to murdering his son. There was no remorse in his eyes,” Pandey said. Sahu was presented in court on Wednesday and sent to prison in judicial custody.

Also read: Andhra Pradesh: Three found dead inside Anantapur’s Shiva temple; human sacrifice suspected

Latest Update