After the Election Commission rejected his nomination from Varanasi on Wednesday, sacked BSF soldier Tej Bahadur said that the authorities are under pressure of PM Narendra Modi, and that he will take the matter to the court.
Tej Bahadur who was going to contest against PM Narendra Modi in these Lok Sabha elections, was issued a notice by Election Commission of India to explain reasons behind him being removed from the force. EC asked him to clarify on whether he was dismissed from the service for corruption or disloyalty to the government. EC also asked him to produce a No Objection Certificate from the BSF by May 1.
However, Yadav failed to produce the necessary document on time following which EC cancelled his nomination for these Lok Sabha elections. ‘Government employees who were dismissed from service cannot contest polls for five years,’ said the concerning authorities.
Reacting on his nomination being cancelled, SP Varanasi candidate said, “They asked for the evidence at 6.15 pm on Tuesday. We tried to send the documents to Delhi. But since the evidence didn’t reach them before 11 am on Wednesday, they cancelled the nomination. It is clear that how much the authorities are being pressurised. We will go to the Supreme Court.”
Tej Bahadur is a resident of Haryana and in several media interactions, he had earlier claimed to have been approached by various parties to join them. Initially he opted to contest as an independent candidate however earlier this week, the Samajwadi Party named Tej Bahadur Yadav as its candidate against PM Modi from Varanasi replacing Shalini Yadav.